Visas & Permits

We assist those who wish to temporary migrate to Canada for study, work or visit .

• allows the foreign national to enter Canada only once during the validity of the visa;
• may be issued up to six months before the expected date of travel;
• should have an expiry date of at least one month after the expected date of arrival in Canada.

• allows the holder to seek entry into Canada from any country as often as necessary during the validity of the visa;
• is issued with long-term validity to facilitate entry into Canada for legitimate travelers;
• has a maximum validity date of up to ten years or one month before the expiry date on the travel document;
• can still be valid but affixed in an expired travel document (in this case, the holder must also be in possession of a newer and valid travel document and must present both travel documents to the airline carrier in order to travel to Canada and to the border services officer in order to seek entry into Canada).

Foreign nationals who are required to obtain a visa for travel to Canada will also need a transit visa to travel through Canada without stopping or visiting. This visa is required even if the foreign national will be in Canada for less than 48 hours. There is no fee for a transit visa.

More Information

Foreign nationals who would like to temporary visit Canada will need to obtain a temporary resident visa. Depending on your country of origin, you may be visa exempt and will not need to submit an application. If you do need to submit an application, the immigration officer will need to assess the reason of why you are entering Canada, supporting documents will be needed in order to successfully submit your application.

If you are otherwise inadmissible but have a reason to travel to Canada that is justified in the circumstances, you may be eligible for a temporary resident permit. A permit is usually issued for the length of your visit to Canada—for example, one week to attend a conference, but in some circumstances it may be issued for up to one year. A temporary resident permit may be issued to inadmissible applicants based on criminal inadmissibility or other reasons. For more information and assistance with your temporary resident permit, please call our office or email us directly.

Foreign nationals who wish to broaden their education with Canadian studies may be eligible to study in a Canadian school by applying for a study permit. Before doing so, one must have been accepted into the school (example: college or university of their choice), and must also show proof they will be able to pay their tuition fees along with their living expenses. Once graduated, you may be eligible to apply for permanent residence through different avenues. For more information and assistance with study permit, please call our office or email us directly.

Most employers need an LMIA before they can hire a temporary worker. Before you start the hiring process, you must determine if you need an LMIA. If you do need an LMIA, you must hire the temporary worker through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP). You must obtain an LMIA from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) before one can apply for their work permit. A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for the foreign worker to fill the job you are offering and that there is no Canadian worker available to do the job. For more information and assistance with a LMIA, please call our office or email us directly.

Are you looking at Immigrating to Canada?

Contact Us