If you have been the subject of a removal order from Canada you will probably need an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) if you want to return. Whether you need one depends on the type of removal order that was issued.
Types of removal orders
There are three types of removal orders. Look at the document you received from Citizenship and Immigration Canada or the Canada Border Services Agency before you left Canada.
The form number will tell you the type of removal order.

1. Departure Order (form number IMM 5238)
2. Exclusion Order (form number IMM 1214B)
3. Deportation Order (form number IMM 5238B)

If you have been the subject of a Deportation Order you will need to apply for an ARC. Before applying, consider why you were issued an enforcement order, as well as your current situation. For example, if you were deported because you were working illegally in Canada, are not currently employed and cannot prove strong ties to your home country, the officer is unlikely to be satisfied that you would respect the terms and conditions of your stay in Canada. If the circumstances that led to the removal order being issued have not changed, it is less likely that you will be given permission to return.

Are you looking at Immigrating to Canada?

Contact Us